Friday, January 20, 2012

The little things that make a big difference

Have you ever noticed how sometimes one little detail can totally change the way you look at a person or an object? Take glasses for example. We see someone wearing them and we instantly assume the person knows what they're talking about! Well, ok. Sometimes the illusion only stays there until they open their mouth, but I'm sure you know what I mean!
Very recently I've seen a chav wearing glasses and I was very surprised at the fact that I've found it difficult to instantly class him as scum. The two stereotypes clashed and the "educated folks wear glasses" one was winning for a second.
Either way, check out this fun little picture I've found on vk.com. It demonstrates the effect quite nicely.

From left to right:  truck driver - professor, slut - "hip chick", skinhead - stylist, slob  - artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment